20 life lessons that I learned after the age of 50!
They say, ‘with age comes wisdom’
I just wish I had realized how valuable these lessons were when I was younger, but anyway, better late than never!
- Time spent overthinking and overanalyzing is time wasted.
- Don’t depend on others to acknowledge your accomplishments. Know your own worth.
- Not being afraid to say no.
- The importance of setting healthy boundaries in relationships.
- The past is a lesson, not a life sentence.
- Not taking life too seriously results in less stress.
- Opportunities are disguised as obstacles and challenges.
- Unexpected storms are necessary, they come to clear your path.
- Not taking criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.
- Being more mindful to who and what you give your time and energy to, and avoiding people who drain your energy.
- The only person you should rely on is yourself, because you’ve always got your own back. Expectations often lead to disappointment.
- We will always find something better than what we lost.
- If you’re unhappy with something, either accept it or change it. There is no in-between.
- Learn from your mistakes the first time (or at least the second).
- Not everyone has to like you, and that’s ok, just move on.
- It’s ok not to have all of the answers all of the time.
- Anger poisons your soul.
- Always trust your gut instinct.
- Keep life simple. You don’t need a lot of things to make you happy.
- The best is still yet to come!